PNCR Legal are specialists in all aspects of:
Professional Indemnity (PI) Insurance for solicitors and others regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. For most practices their PI premium is their second or third highest item of annual expenditure so it makes sense to get it right.
Legal Risk management:
- Client care and common pitfalls
- High risk practice areas
- Common causes of claims
- The dangers of email
- The role of file audits
- Learning from claims and complaints
- What should you notify to insurers?
- Keeping on top of compliance issues
- Preparing for Outcomes Focused Regulation
- Complaints and LeO, the new ombudsman service
- Disaster risk and business continuity issues
- Applying for Lexcel accreditation
For all firms, we can provide truly independent advice and assistance with:
- choosing a Qualifying Insurer including the pros and cons of dealing direct with an insurer
- choosing your PI broker
- deciding how many PI brokers you need
- a review of your PII proposal form and supporting documentation
- your obligations under the Minimum Terms and Conditions as set out in the Solicitors Indemnity Insurance Rules
For current law firms, we can help:
- plan your renewal strategy
- review your claims record
- review your complaints and complaints handling, particularly with the launch of LeO, the Legal Ombudsmen service which started on 6 October 2010.
- review any changes made or required to improve your risk profile
New law firms (new start-ups)
- Need help to obtain cover or competitive cover?
- Need advice on the process and good practice?
- We can review your proposal form, CV, business plan and cashflow forecast.
Practice management and compliance
- Review and audit of systems and procedures
- Liability caps
- Partner induction
- Preparing for a PSU visit
- Meeting the challenges posed by Outcomes Focused Regulation
- Are you ready for LDPs, MDPs and ABSs?
- Putting the AML regulations in context. You know the regulations but what risks do you face? Where are your weak links?
Cost effective training, ‘off the peg’ or tailored to your needs
- seminars at a time to suit you: early bird briefings? lunch and learn? early evening?
- seminars for partners, newly promoted partners, other fee earners or support staff
- general risk training or practice specific?
Popular seminars and workshops include:
- Avoiding negligence and fraud in real estate transactions
- Avoiding negligence in transactional work
- Avoiding negligence in family work
- Avoiding negligence and fraud in trusts and probate
- Avoiding negligence In civil litigation
- Managing email - avoiding the pitfalls
- The AML regulations in context